In the list view of invoices, you can see all sales invoices and you can perform various searches. You can edit the status of invoices, send them to another accounting software and print invoices.
Versions: Free, Growth, Business, Enterprise, Enterprise+
Invoicing list view and search
You can search for invoices based on Status and Time span or by using the Search free word search. More search criteria can be found under Add filter.
At the top of the list view, you can see the sums of the invoices based on the search restrictions made:
- Sum excl. VAT: The VAT-free sum of invoices
- Sum incl. VAT: The sum of invoices including VAT
- Paid (incl VAT):The sum of invoices in paid status
- Credited:The sum of invoices in credited status
- Draft:The sum of invoices in draft status
Invoicing list view columns
- Status:The current status of the invoice
- No: The (rolling) number of the invoice. The starting number of can be defined in the settings.
- Relation to invoice: Invoice number to which this invoice is linked. Used with credit notes.
- Creation date: The date defined for the invoice
- Due date: The due date defined for the invoice
- Delivery date:The delivery date defined for the invoice
- Account: The account selected for the invoice
- Project: The project selected for the invoice
- Start date: The starting date of the invoice material, from which the invoice material will be included in the invoice
- End date: The end date of the invoice material, until which the invoice material is included in the invoice
- Sum vat 0%:The VAT-free amount of the invoice
- Total:The amount of the invoice including VAT
- Paid (incl VAT):Paid amount of invoice, including VAT
- Paid date: Payment date of the invoice
- Edited by:The latest editor of the invoice
- Reference no:Invoice reference number
The functions of the columns are the same as in the account list view.
Mass management of invoices
You can select several invoices from the list at once to change them, print invoices, send invoices to a another accounting software or export invoices to Excel.
Select the invoices individually by clicking the checkboxes or if you want to select all, click the box on the title row of the list.
Invoices have different statuses that tell users at which stage the invoice is. Different actions can be taken for invoices in different states. For example, when saving the invoice, you can define whether the invoice is an official invoice, in which case the sales invoice gets an invoice number, or do you want to create a draft which does not yet have an invoice number.
- Draft: Saved as a pre-invoice (draft), there is no invoice number yet. Editable and removable.
- Waiting: Invoice created, editable and waiting to be sent.
- Sent: The invoice has been sent to the customer. The status of the invoice can also be changed manually to sent.
- Credited: A credit note has been made from the invoice.
- Paid: The invoice is paid. Depending on the integrated accounting software, the information comes from the interface to PSA. The status of the invoice can also be manually changed to paid.
- Overdue:The due date of the invoice has passed, and the payment has not yet arrived.
Marking the invoice as sent or paid
You can change the states of invoices manually under the Options button or in front of a single invoice, behind the three dots (...) button.
Partial payment leaves the status of the sales invoice as either sent or overdue. You can check the amount paid in the Paid (incl. VAT) column of the invoice list.
The Mark as paid function opens a new window where you can define the amount paid and click OK.
A payment notice for overdue invoice
In Heeros PSA, you can create a payment notice for an overdue invoice as internal information to monitor to situation. The function does not send a new invoice to the customer or via the accounting software interface.
If you wish, you can save a PDF file from the payment notice and send it manually to the customer. Usually, however, payment notice are created and sent in your own accounting software.
Sending the invoice
To another accounting software
If you use an accounting software and the interface to it is enabled from PSA's integration settings, you can send invoices directly, for example for online invoicing.
- Select one or more invoices by clicking on the check boxes.
- Select Send to (xx) from the Print & Export menu. The list shows as options the interfaces that have been added in the integration settings.
- Click the three dots (...) in front of the row and select Send by email.
- A new window opens on the screen where you can preview the invoice, define the recipient and the content of the message.
- Click Send.
Printing the invoice
Printing a single invoice
When printing one invoice, you can see a preview where you can specify the language and time format of the printout. The language options are defined in the settings and will appear for selection accordingly.
- Click the three dots (...) in front of the row and select Print.
- If necessary, change the print settings in the preview view; print language and time format.
- Click Print. The invoice is printed as a PDF file according to the browser settings.
Printing several invoices at once
- Select invoices (about 10 invoices at once)
- Click Print & Export > Print or Print in English
- The selected invoices are printed according to the browser settings as a single PDF file.
- Select the invoice by ticking checkbox and click on the Options menu or click the three dots (...) and select Create credit note.
- The program asks for confirmation, click OK.
- Process the credit note created in Waiting status as you wish. The status of the original invoice has changed to Credited.
Export to Excel
You can export invoices from the list view to Excel.
- Select the invoices you want to export. If you don't select any rows, all the rows in the list will be entered in Excel.
- Click the Export icon. The file will download to your computer
If you are the main user (admin) of the program, you can go to the Invoicing & Bills settings directly from the view from the Settings icon. More information about the settings here.